Nov 26, 2018
Everything You Need to Know About Your Fertility Window
Stepping into the world of parenthood is a difficult decision to make. But, now that you have decided, the chances are that you’re taking a pregnancy test every month and waiting for the result to be positive. The process of conceiving a baby is not so simple. It involves a lot of planning and religiously tracking the woman’s fertility window.If you’re still clueless of what a fertility window means, fret not! We’re here to help you with that.
- Fertility window : A fertility window is a brief period in a menstrual cycle when the woman’s fertility is at its peak, and the chances of conception are the highest.
- Most fertile days : Most women are fertile a few days before and after ovulation. While the day of ovulation is never fixed as it largely depends on the length of your menstrual cycle but, 14 days before the first day of your menstrual periods would be our safest bet.
- Health issues that affect your fertility : As one can expect, health plays a significant role in the process of conceiving a baby. PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), endometriosis and PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) are the most common complications that can affect your chances of getting pregnant. Therefore, getting regularly checked by your gynaecologist is always advisable.
- Lifestyle choices : Your lifestyle choices affect your fertility as much as your health problems do. So, if you have decided to begin this new chapter, maintaining a healthy lifestyle should be the first thing on your to-do-list. Both partners should limit their alcohol and caffeine intake and put a stop on smoking to increase the chances of conceiving a baby.
- Ageing : The adage that getting pregnant after 35 is impossible is an old wives’ tale. This belief stems from the fact that as you age, the quality and quantity of your eggs gradually declines. But, age is just one aspect to fertility. You need to be patient and get proper consultation from a fertility expert.These are the basics of fertility that you need to know to ensure that your efforts are made in the right direction. We wish you good luck with the magical journey that lies ahead.
Leave a Reply
Want to join the discussion ? Feel free to contribute !