Pregnancy Personal Care Tips
Pregnancy brings the natural glow in any women, that’s because of the joy and excitement one goes through, but it also brings along hormonal changes and completely alters the way you look.
So, to stay looking beautiful and more importantly, feeling good about yourself while you are pregnant have a look at these beauty & skin care tips. Banish the blues, feel amazing and celebrate your motherhood with us.
1. DRINK LOTS OF WATER
During pregnancy you need to consume lots of water during a day. It not only helps in filtering and washing out all the toxins from your body but also maintains sufficient amniotic fluid in the sac for the baby to be comfortable.
2. EAT THE RIGHT FOOD
During pregnancy one needs to be extra cautious about what you are eating and how healthy it is as, it directly impacts the growth of your child. It’s advisable to consult a doctor for a diet chart. Pregnant women need between 2000 – 2500 Kcals per day – spread over 4 meals: breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner.
Must-haves for your diet,
- Vitamins: Vitamin C (citrus fruits, green vegetables, etc.), Vitamin A (carrots, tomatoes, etc.), and Vitamin B (milk, eggs, whole grains).
- Iron: lots of women suffer from iron deficiency, it’s therefore important to also eat red meat, fish, lentils, spinach, etc.
- Folic acid, which helps iron work properly in the body: asparagus, almonds, etc.
- Calcium, essential for the formation of your future baby’s skeleton. Try to eat a variety of dairy products: milk, cheese, yoghurt, etc.
3. MAINTAIN A SKIN REGIMEN
- If you are prone to acne, arm yourself with a good skin care and anti- blemish agents. Be aware that retinol and such chemicals are to be avoided during pregnancy. So consult your dermatologist before you use any new product.
- Some women are known to suffer from dry skin though it’s not a part of their regular skin type. Use a lot of thick moisturizers and also increase your fluid intake. Reapply them all through the day.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your skin. Use your HG moisturizer to keep your skin supple and glowing.
- Dip some cotton into non-boiled milk and run it slowly across your face. Your skin will be hydrated, tan reduced and a glow added.
- A paste of corn flour and honey definitely helps handle blemishes and dead skin. Scrub it away and moisturize.
- Use sliced cucumber to give relief to strained eyes. Freeze them for better cooling effects.
- If you are suffering from major hair loss, opt for a shorter hair cut. Now is the time to experiment with all the newness.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen. Sun protection is always on the top of the priority list.
- Avoid using soap. Soaps dry your skin maximum and give you blotchy spots. Use hydrating cleansing milk instead.
4. BEAUTY SLEEP
Fatigue is one of the symptoms which expectant mothers experiences, especially during the first trimester. Proper rest is very important because that’s when your body and mind rejuvenates itself. Make sure you catch enough sleep that your body feels less fatigued. Make yourself comfortable when you go to sleep. Keep your posture right. You might want to use a maternity cushion or something equally comfortable while you sleep.
- Aqua Aerobics
- Pregnancy yoga
These are the top four ideal sports for pregnant women. Exercise is strongly recommended to strengthen joints, improve circulation in your legs, stimulate breathing and can even help your body cope with labour.
Avoid sports where you’re at risk of falling (cycling, horse riding, skiing, etc.), and only do exercise in moderation. If you weren’t previously active then seek medical advice before taking up aqua aerobics or swimming and take your walking and yoga session easily at first.
6. HAIR CARE
- Oil Massage: Oil your hair, at least, three to four times a week. Opt for oils that have healthy ingredients like olive, coconut, almond, jojoba, castor and the like. Heat up the oil slightly, making sure it is not too hot, but just warm. Massage this through the scalp and hair.
- Shampoo & Conditioning: Make sure you use a shampoo at least once to twice a week.
Use a mild shampoo, or better still, use a shampoo that is herbal. Apply a conditioner every time you wash your hair. Pay special attention to the tips of the hair to avoid dry or split ends.
- Combing: Avoid combing hair when it is wet. Let your hair dry naturally, or use a hair dryer at medium heat. Comb it using a wide toothed comb when dry. This will help avoid hair fall.
- Regular Hair Trims: Your hair goes through different changes during pregnancy, causing difference, in hair texture and thickness. A good idea is to go for a regular hair trim that will help avoid split ends or rough ends.
For more pregnancy tips and quality products for motherhood, check out the rest of our site.